Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Sweet "P" family

On the first day of shooting in the DFW area I got to shoot these sweet little brothers....with a little bit of Mom and Dad thrown in. Their mom, Lacie, is a very good friend of my sisters. It was fun stomping all over their cute little town taking pictures and finding neat little spots. It reminded me of home and exactly how I grew up. Gotta love the small Texas towns!

Okay, now I have to explain the flag picture posted below. While taking their pictures on the train tracks at an old abandoned depot we heard the sound of a fast approaching train. So we yanked the boys up and put them on the ledge of the old depot to watch it go by.... about 15 feet from the track. I don't think the boys have ever seen a train up that close and heard how LOUD it really is. They stood there still as could be and I snapped 2 pictures........one before the train got to them and the other right after. I did not plan it that way...I did not see what was on the side of the box car.... but I absolutely LOVE what my camera captured. I had no idea until after I had taken it because I was focusing on the boys and not the train. Pretty cool, huh? God Bless America. :)

Lacie- Thank you so much for wanting me to take your precious little boys pictures. I had so much fun and they did so good....and so did you! I hope you love your sneak peek and I'll have your gallery up soon. Oh, and thanks for the pizza and loving my sister as much as I do. It was good to see y'all. Take care!





7 comments:

Tara said...

These are SOOO good Ash, I love them!! No matter who's hood you are in you always find the best backdrops & shots...you are awesome girlie & I'm not just saying that cause I love you!!

Lacie said...

I have been holding my breath in anticipation...and my breath has been taken away!!!! I LOVE them!!!
-there was NO doubt that I would!

You have such an eye...AND such a way with kids.

I love the train...the wall...who am I kidding, I love all of the sneak peeks!

I guess I am going to have to just start at one end of the house and use the pictures as wall paper!

Ashley,
God has blessed you with a gift- Thank you for spending time with my family. I also want to thank you for sharing your family with me!

Love ya!
Lacie

Lynn said...

Tara is right...it doesn't matter the hood you are in! I think you should change your name to the My Hood is Your Hood Photographer. GREAT PHOTOS! Of course, how could you miss with the P family. They are great models. Love the train but love the family.

Robyn said...

Those are awesome!!!! I can't wait to see our sneak peek!! So drop whatever you are doing and get to work :)

Thanks so much for spending the time with us and capturing our first family portraits!!

Ashley said...

You are next, Robyn! I'm working on yours as we speak. :)

Giggi said...

Amazing!!! You are sooo talented !And what a precious family--you really couldn't go too wrong. Can't wait to see ours!!! Hope Baby A is taking some long naps for her momma!!!

silken said...

oooohh, these pictures are incredible!! I know this family too and these are "picture perfect"!

About Me

I love my husband. I love being a mother. I love my family. I love my friends. I love Mexican food. I love chocolate and sodas. I love reality tv. :) I love photography. I love life. I LOVE the Lord. http://twitter.com/brileybug

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed