Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Paul, Robyn and Avery

The Blog World is a funny thing. I've had a personal blog for a about 5 years and I enjoy blogging about my crazy life. When you blog you also read friends and family members blogs too. It's an easy way to keep in touch with people. Then you have the random strangers blog that you just happen to come across and kinda get sucked into their life. Then you bookmark their blog into your favorites and read it all the time but never leave that blogger a comment. It's called "Blog Stalking" and everyone does it. It's fun.

I've always said that one day I am going to adopt from China. Ask anyone in my family. I love to read peoples stories about their wait for their child in China and the journey to go there and bring their child home. It makes me cry a happy cry every time for those people. When I was pregnant with Avery I was surfing blogs about China adoptions and thats when I found Robyn. It was right then and there that I got sucked into her blog. I was going to have an Avery and she was going to China to get her Avery.....AND we were both from Texas. I loved reading all about their wait for Avery and reading about the crazy things that she does with her friends. When their referral for Avery came it was then that I had to quit stalking her blog and leave her a comment. I was excited for this stranger that I didn't know and I was excited to read about their journey to China for their child. Ever since then we occasionally comment on each others blog and we have a great stalking relationship. :)

When Robyn contacted me about taking their first family portrait as a family of 3.... I about fell over from excitement. I WANTED to do it. I felt like I knew these people in a crazy way and I just had to see that beautiful child of theirs in person. So this past Saturday they drove a couple of hours to meet me in Dallas for a beautiful photo shoot and I got to hug her neck and love on her Avery. It was great.

Paul and Robyn- Thank you so much for driving so far just so that little ole me, the coolest blog stalker ever, could photograph your family. It was so nice to finally meet the 3 of you. Avery did so good during the shoot and y'all did too....y'all are awesome parents and she is one lucky little girl! Here is your sneak peek and I hope you love them. I'll have your gallery up soon!

Keep on stalking,
Ashley :)





12 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures and family. Keep recording them for years to come. Priceless shots for sure!

Giggi said...

Precious pictures. I love the one where they are kissing her! Sweet, sweet family.

Robyn said...

OMG!!!!

I have to admit I was stalking this blog all day yesterday waiting for this and finally had to give up and go to bed (very early meeting this morning). But I had to check first thing this morning.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking these. They are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures. You did a wonderful job !

Avery's Grandma Martha

Anonymous said...

Ashley, that is the sweetest thing ever! You made me get teary eyed and had me laughing out loud at your blog!! Of course the pictures are wonderful as always. Beautiful family.

Daesha said...

The one of Avery running to mommy and daddy made me cry. You have such an eye for these things. What a blessing you are to others.

Valerie said...

I am a friend of Robyn, Paul and Avery, and you captured them beautifully....are you heading back to Dallas anytime soon???

Kayce said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the last one of Avery running to her mommy and daddy. Ain't blogging great! Great post.

Eloise said...

Beautiful pictures! You are very talented.

Sheila said...

Ashley, girl, I don't know this beautiful family, but these photos literally brought tears to me eyes. You truly have been blessed with a God-given talent to capture the pure essence of your subject(s). Keep up the great work!!!

She Who Waits... said...

I came across their blog in the same way and have been captivated by their story. These pictures are phenomenal and I have tears in my eyes. The first one with them kissing Avery's cheek is so precious!

Erin said...

Paul and Robyn are two of our dearest friends and you captured their wonderful family perfectly. Our daughter is also from China and we are waiting for our second daughter and hope to have her home in November. We would LOVE to hire you to do our first family portraits as a family of 4! You are AMAZING.

Thank you for sharing these pictures and for featuring these wonderful people.

Erin
emartin7 at earthlink dot com

About Me

I love my husband. I love being a mother. I love my family. I love my friends. I love Mexican food. I love chocolate and sodas. I love reality tv. :) I love photography. I love life. I LOVE the Lord. http://twitter.com/brileybug

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed